Monday, September 4, 2017

Appreciate your Hunger

I want to share a pet peeve of mine with you.

Throughout my cancer treatment, I’ve struggled to eat enough and I’ve lost a good deal of weight. Eating is a constant battle; rarely do I feel better after eating than I do beforehand, and I just don’t ever feel hungry like I used to. If I had my way, I’d easily go all day without eating and hardly realize it.

More than once, people have expressed to me that they wish they had this problem. People have told me they wish they could lose weight like I can, they wish they weren’t hungry like I’m not, or they wish they could have my lack of appetite.

Every time, I want to look them in the eye and say flatly “no, you really don’t.”

It’s not that big of a deal, and if you’ve said this to me or to people in situations like mine, don’t worry about it. Sure, it’s annoying, but I know you mean well. But please, do try to be grateful if your good health allows you to eat, to want to eat, and yes, to gain weight. 

2 comments:

  1. I understand the panic of watching someone you love not being able or wanting to eat. Praying you may get your appetite back.

    ReplyDelete