Tuesday, August 14, 2018

August 14th, 2018

       With all my blood counts looking good this morning and me starting to feel better, we packed up and checked out of the Ronald McDonald house. This afternoon we took the usual shuttle bus to the airport in New Jersey, typically about a one-and-a-half hour ride. From there it's just a half hour fight (thanks Corporate Angel flight program!) back to Corning, NY, where we haven't been for over a week now--already a departure from our planned 4 nights in NYC.

       About 20 minutes from the airport we got a call from the hospital. One of my blood cultures came back positive for an infection. Since I have no symptoms we kind of assume it's just a contaminated culture but we have to play it safe so we're heading back to NYC right now. I'll be admitted at least for the night, and since I believe it takes 48 hours to fully grow everything from blood cultures I'm going to guess I'll be in the hospital that long as a minimum. We're pretty good by now at being flexible with our plans, but this was a little last-minute even for us.

       Something to pray for if that's your thing would be that it isn't actually an infection, or if it is that it gets resolved easily and quickly. I guess in general, that everything goes smoothly as possible and that we can go home sometime soon. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment