Saturday, August 11, 2018

August 11th, 2018

       We're in New York City still. We had been planning to go home Friday, but after some weird liver-function numbers and the start of some of the same side-effects I had during the first cycle of this clinical trial, we and the doctors were all more comfortable with me staying close by. Staying in NYC also means I can continue to get IV hydration over the weekend, which seems to mitigate the side effects too.

       I hovered near a fever last night so they ran some blood cultures this morning just to be on the safe side, but fever and cold symptoms are all noted side-effects so it seems pretty clear that's all I'm experiencing. Which doesn't really make me feel that much better physically, but it definitely beats actually being sick and needing further treatment for something like a cold or flu!

No comments:

Post a Comment